Smoked cod and potato hash
4 medium, (4 x 120g)
2 whole, finely chopped
3 medium, coarsely chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
1 tbs, mild variety
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside for 2 minutes to steam dry in pan, then coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, place cod on a baking tray and lightly spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cool slightly, then flake into pieces and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Cook eschallots and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add potatoes and sprinkle over curry powder. Lightly crush potatoes with a masher and cook for 5 minutes or until they start to crisp up. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Fold fish through hash to serve.
TIP: If you don’t have French shallots, a small onion will work just as well in this recipe.