Slow-cooker hot 'n' spicy chicken soup
2 medium, chopped
2 clove(s), sliced
Skinless chicken breast
3 small, diced
Cayenne pepper, ground
Chicken stock cube
1 individual, dissolved in 4 cups (1L) water
Fresh green chilli
2 whole, sliced
Canned diced tomatoes
1 can(s), (1 x 400g can)
¼ cup(s), leaves
4 small, thinly sliced
2 tbs, sliced
- Heat oil in medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, carrots and cayenne pepper to slow cooker. Pour in stock and season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours) or until chicken and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Line grill rack with foil. Place fresh chillies on prepared rack and grill for 10 minutes, or until skins are blistered and charred. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and set aside to steam for 10 minutes. Peel chillies and remove stems and seeds. Finely chop and reserve.
- With slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate. When cool enough to handle, tear or cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Return chicken to slow cooker along with tomato and reserved chillies. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve soup topped with coriander, radish and pickled jalapeños.