Slow-cooker chicken tacos with pineapple slaw
Fresh green chilli
2 whole, deseeded, thinly sliced
1 small, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), chopped
3 clove(s), finely chopped
Skinless chicken breast
1½ cup(s), (125g), thinly sliced
1 cup(s), (230g), chopped
2 individual, thinly sliced
184 g, (8 x 23g tortillas), warmed
1 medium, wedges, to serve
- Combine fresh chilli, onion, ½ cup coriander and the garlic in a 4.5 litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- Combine chilli powder, orange juice and cumin in a small bowl. Season with salt. Rub spice mixture over chicken. Place chicken on top of chilli mixture in slow cooker and turn to coat. Cook, covered, on high for 2½ hours or until chicken is fork tender.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken, then return to slow cooker (see tip).
- Meanwhile combine cabbage, pineapple, remaining coriander, shallots and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- Lay tortillas on a clean work surface. Top with chicken mixture and slaw. Fold over and serve with lime wedges.