Sarah's salmon and cheese pastry parcels
SmartPoints® value per serving
Recipe by our WW Ambassador Sarah. Follow her on Instagram @sarahs_recipes. Try Sarah's simple salmon and cheese parcels wrapped in flaky puff pastry. They are simple to make while looking super impressive!
Light cream cheese
1 tsp, or dill, finely chopped
Skinless salmon fillet(s)
4 small, (4 x 120g)
Reduced-fat puff pastry
1 small, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160° fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper or a non stick pan liner.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and herbs. Cut each salmon fillet, crossways into two pieces.
- Cut pastry sheet into 4 squares and then roll out slightly. Cut a few slits into the middle of each square.
- Place salmon on top of slits. Spread cheese mixture on top of salmon. Fold pastry over salmon and press ends together.
- Brush pastry with egg yolk. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roasted Dutch carrots and steamed broccolini.