Sarah’s apricot crumble slice
100 g, pitted, chopped
Dry rolled oats
1¼ cup(s), (110g)
⅔ cup(s), (100g)
Shredded or desiccated coconut
½ cup(s), (40g) shredded
Reduced fat oil spread
Apricot, canned in natural juice, drained
800 g, (2 x 400g cans) halved
99% fat-free plain natural yoghurt
¼ cup(s), (60g) to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 19cm square cake tin with oil. Line base with baking paper, allowing paper to hang 3cm over 2 opposite sides.
- Place dates and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute, or until dates are soft.
- Process 1 cup (90g) oats, ½ cup (75g) flour, ¼ cup (20g) coconut, date mixture and egg in a food processor until well combined. Press mixture over base of prepared tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining oats, flour and coconut with sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in spread until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Arrange apricots over slice base and sprinkle with crumble mixture. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crumble is golden. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin and cutting into squares. Serve warm with yoghurt.