Sarah’s apple berry crumble slice
100 g, pitted, chopped
Dry rolled oats
1¾ cup(s), (155g)
Shredded or desiccated coconut
½ cup(s), (40g)
1 tsp, extra
Reduced fat oil spread
Canned apple slices
1 can(s), (1 x 400g can), pie variety (see tip)
½ cup(s), (60g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 19 cm (base measurement) square cake tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing paper to extend 3 cm over edges of tin.
- Place dates and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute or until soft.
- Process 1½ cups oats, ¼ cup coconut, egg and dates in a food processor until well combined and mixture comes together. Press mixture into base of prepared tin. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, to make crumble, combine remaining oats and coconut with flour and sugar in a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in spread until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Combine apple, raspberries and extra flour in a bowl. Spoon apple mixture over base and sprinkle with crumble mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until crumble is golden. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin and cutting into squares. Serve warm.