Salmon teriyaki burger with wasabi mayonnaise
Skinless salmon fillet(s)
250 g, boneless, chopped
1 individual, thinly sliced
1 tbs, (2cm piece), finely grated
1 clove(s), crushed
Reduced salt soy sauce
10 ml, (2 tsp)
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
2 g, (1/4 tsp)
High fibre white bread
280 g, rolls
2 medium, coarsely grated
1 medium, sliced into ribbons
½ large, thinly sliced
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place salmon in a food processor and pulse to a coarse paste. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add shallot, ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix well. Divide into 4 portions. Shape each portion into an 8cm-diameter patty.
- Place the soy sauce and honey in a microwave-safe dish. Heat in the microwave on high for 10 seconds until the honey melts. Stir to combine.
- Preheat a grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Lightly spray the foil with oil to grease. Place patties on the tray. Brush with the soy sauce mixture. Cook under the grill for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through, brushing with any remaining soy sauce mixture. (Use a small palette knife or egg slide to transfer the patties to a plate).
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, mayonnaise and wasabi in a small bowl. Lightly toast the rolls.
- Spread roll bases with a little of the mayonnaise mixture. Top with carrot, salmon patties, cucumber, avocado, remaining mayonnaise and roll lids.