Salmon nicoise salad
750 g, cut into 2cm thick slices
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
1 whole, small, finely chopped
Baby capers, rinsed, drained
Skinless salmon fillet(s)
2 baby, leaves torn
2 medium, cut into wedges
2 medium, sliced
Black olives, drained
12 individual, small
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Season with salt. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place juice, eschalot, capers, oil, mustard and 1½ tablespoons water in a small food processor or blender. Process until smooth (you’ll need to scrape down sides with a spatula several times). Transfer potatoes to a bowl with a slotted spoon (keep pan of boiling water). Add 1 tablespoon dressing to potatoes and toss to coat. Set aside to cool.
- Add beans to simmering water. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Remove beans from pan with a slotted spoon (keep pan of boiling water). Refresh beans under cold water and drain.
- Place salmon in a steamer basket and season with salt and pepper. Set steamer over simmering water. Cover and steam fish for 8-10 minutes or until just opaque in center.
- Meanwhile, divide lettuce, potatoes, beans, tomatoes, eggs and olives among 4 plates. Flake salmon and divide between plates. Drizzle with dressing to serve.