Roasted strawberry and pistachio nice cream
2 - 4
PersonalPoints™ per serving
500 g, sliced
1 medium, (ripe), thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), (35g), toasted, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a small baking dish with baking paper to cover base and extend up the sides of dish. Spread the strawberries over base of the prepared dish. Bake for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until strawberries release their juices and are lightly browned. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer the strawberries and their juices to 2 shallow freezer-safe containers, spreading into a thin layer to avoid clumping. Place in freezer for 6 hours or until frozen.
- Spread banana over a baking paper-lined tray and place in freezer for 3 hours or until frozen.
- Remove strawberries from freezer, stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, then transfer to a large food processor. Add frozen banana slices and honey and pulse until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the side of processor bowl. Add nuts and pulse to combine. Transfer the mixture to a shallow, freezer-safe container. Freeze until firm.
- Remove ‘nice’ cream from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Scoop into bowls to serve.