Roasted pumpkin and feta tart
2500 g, (2.5kg), peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm slices
2 medium, each cut into 12 wedges
2 clove(s), crushed
Baby spinach leaves
Reduced fat feta cheese
200 g, coarsely crumbled
1 tsp, finely chopped, plus sprigs to garnish
4 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper and arrange pumpkin in a single layer. Lightly spray with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, place onion on 1 tray, lightly spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until soft and lightly browned. Cool. Spread pine nuts onto an unlined tray and bake for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Place oil and garlic in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat until just starting to sizzle. Add spinach and toss until wilted. Transfer to a plate to cool. Squeeze excess water from spinach.
- Lightly spray a 22cm (base measurement) springform tin with oil. Lay out a sheet of filo and lightly spray with oil. Repeat with 6 more filo sheets, layering each sheet at a 45° angle each time. Ease into prepared tin with excess overhanging sides.
- Layer ⅓ of pumpkin in base of pastry, topped with half the onion. Sprinkle with half the feta and rosemary. Add all the spinach, then repeat layers, finishing with a final layer of pumpkin. Season layers with pepper as you go. Fold overhanging pastry over top, scrunching slightly (it won’t quite meet in the middle). Lightly spray remaining pastry with oil and scrunch slightly. Place over centre of tart.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cover top loosely with foil after about 20 minutes to prevent it becoming too brown. Stand in tin for 10 minutes, then remove sides and slide from base onto a wire rack to cool. Top with extra rosemary sprigs and sprinkle with pine nuts. Slide onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges to serve.