Roasted pepper beef sirloin with roasted beetroot salad
2 tsp, (black)
lean beef sirloin steak
640 g, (buy 800g), fat trimmed
250 g, (baby), peeled, halved
orange sweet potato (kumara)
400 g, (kumara), cut into wedges
1 tsp, american-style
1 tbs, white wine
1 whole, finely chopped
1 tsp, finely chopped
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
baby spinach leaves
3 cup(s), (70g)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine pepper, salt and olive oil in a large bowl. Add beef and turn to coat.
- Place beetroot and sweet potato in a small baking dish. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 20–25 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 2–3 minutes or until browned. Place on prepared tray. Bake with beetroot and sweet potato for 20 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover beef with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Whisk mustard, vinegar, macadamia oil, eschalot, chopped thyme and buttermilk in a small bowl until combined.
- Combine beetroot, sweet potato and spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle with buttermilk dressing and serve with beef and extra thyme.