Roasted corn, capsicum and rice salad
1 cup(s), (200g) Low GI
2 individual, (160g each) husks and silks removed
2 medium, seeded, cut into quarters
2 individual, thinly sliced
2 tsp, (seeds)
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
2 tbs, toasted
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue or chargrill on high. Cook corn cobs, turning, for 8 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Add capsicum to barbecue and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using a large sharp knife, remove corn kernels from cobs. Place in a large bowl with the rice. Finely chop capsicum and add to rice with the green shallot and coriander.
- Toast the cumin seeds and paprika in a small frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to a small bowl with the lime juice and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Place salad on a serving platter and sprinkle with pine nuts to serve.