Roasted capsicum and basil soufflés
1 medium, quartered
Reduced fat oil spread
1 cup(s), (250ml)
20 g, (1/4 cup) finely grated
2 tbs, finely shredded
4 medium, separated
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat grill on high. Grill capsicum, skin-side up, for 5–7 minutes or until skin blackens and blisters. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and cover with plastic wrap (this will help lift the skin). Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Peel and discard skin and finely chop the flesh.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Place a baking tray in the oven to preheat. Lightly spray four 1½-cup (375ml) capacity ovenproof dishes with oil. Sprinkle the inside of each dish with breadcrumbs, turning to coat the sides.
- Melt spread in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook flour, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Add capsicum, cheese, basil, mustard and egg yolks. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into capsicum mixture, in 2 batches, until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Run your finger around the top edge of each ramekin to remove any excess breadcrumbs.
- Place soufflés on preheated baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and just cooked through. Serve immediately.