Roast tarragon chicken with creamy sauce
540 g, (Buy 1.2kg)
6 tbs, leaves, plus extra 2 tsp for sauce
1 medium, halved
500 g, peeled, chopped
2 medium, chopped
1 bunch(es), cut into 4cm lengths
light thickened cream
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and lightly spray with oil. Place ⅓ cup tarragon leaves in chicken cavity. Sprinkle chicken with remaining tarragon leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Add lemon halves to tray. Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken and lemon halves to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Reserve cooking juices in pan.
- Meanwhile, spread pumpkin, zucchini, asparagus and tomatoes other prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil and bake with chicken for 40 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Skim and discard fat from cooking juices. Drain juices into a small saucepan. Add cream and mustard and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in extra chopped tarragon.
- Sprinkle chicken with zest and drizzle with juice from roasted lemon halves. Serve with vegetables and sauce.