Roast pumpkin and sage risotto
pumpkin, butternut, raw
500 g, cut into 2cm cubes
2 cup(s), (500ml)
2 tbs, (leaves from one bunch)
rice, arborio, dry
1½ cup(s), (300g)
grated parmesan cheese
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
1½ x 3 second spray(s)
- Fill and boil the kettle. Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Place pumpkin on a baking tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, place stock and 2 cups (500ml) boiling water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until required.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sage, stirring, for 1 minute or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium heat. Add garlic and rice and stir to coat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice is opaque. Reduce heat and add hot stock mixture, a ladle (½ cup/125ml) at a time, stirring continuously, for 20–25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir parmesan, pumpkin and two-thirds of the sage into risotto mixture. Serve topped with remaining sage.