Rich toffee pavlova with berries
¾ cup(s), (165g)
chocolate coated toffee bar
60 g, (3x20g bars)
1 tsp, (white)
reduced-fat cream cheese
no-fat, no added sugar vanilla yoghurt
150 g, or frozen
125 g, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 100°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Draw a 20cm circle on the paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until sugar has dissolved (see tip). Finely chop 2 toffee bars. Gently fold chopped toffee bars, cornflour and vinegar into egg white mixture.
- Spread meringue mixture over circle on prepared tray and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool pavlova in oven with door ajar.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese and icing sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in yoghurt.
- Place pavlova on a serving plate. Top with cream cheese mixture and berries. Thinly slice remaining toffee bar and sprinkle over pavlova. Serve.