Rich chocolate, hazelnut and cherry trifle
diet jelly, prepared
18 g, 2x9g sachets, raspberry flavoured
un-iced plain sponge cake
225 g, 14x20cm
chocolate hazelnut spread
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
extra light cream cheese
vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
granulated stevia sweetener
60 g, granulated (1/4 cup)
1 nip(s), hazelnut flavoured, (2tbs)
400 g, halved, stones removed
¼ cup(s), coarsley chopped
200 g, extra
1 tsp, to dust
- Prepare jelly following packet instructions. Pour into a shallow container and chill for 3 hours or until thick and almost set.
- Cut sponge cake in half horizontally. Spread cut-side of one half with chocolate spread, then top with remaining half. Cut in half lengthways, then cut into 1.5cm small strips.
- Using a food processor, process yoghurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract and stevia until smooth.
- Arrange sponge slices over base of a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity glass dish. Drizzle liqueur over sponge. Top with spoonfuls of jelly, then halved cherries. Spoon over yoghurt mixture. Chill until required.
- Top with hazelnut and extra whole cherries and dust with cocoa.