Rebecca's slow roasted lamb with hasselback potatoes
1 tbs, or ½ bunch sprigs
Lean lamb leg roast
800 g, (buy 1kg), fat trimmed
4 medium, (4 x 120g) Carisma varitety
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
4 small, (4 x 120g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 165℃ (150℃ fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place a wire rack into a large baking dish and lightly spray with oil. Lay half the thyme sprigs over wire rack.
- Slice garlic into quarters to make slivers. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make 12 x 2cm incisions evenly over top lamb. Insert a slice of garlic into each incision. Place lamb on prepared rack. Cover with remaining thyme sprigs. Cover with foil, ensuring lamb is sealed completely around edges. Bake lamb for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, cut each potato crosswise into 3mm slices, cutting three-quarters of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way through so potatoes stay intact. Place on prepared baking tray, Add sweet potatoes. Bake with lamb for the last hour of lamb baking time.
- Place carrots in a large saucepan of water. Bring to the boil, add cauliflower and boil for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and boil for a further 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp or cooked to your liking. Drain.
- Place lamb on a large platter and place vegetables around lamb in the middle of the table.