Quinoa and herb schnitzel with fattoush
Skinless chicken breast
2 cup(s), (400g), white
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
¾ cup(s), chopped, reserve ½ cup for salad
1 medium, lightly beaten
Flat bread, pita pocket, light, wholemeal
1 individual, (1x31g) split
½ cup(s), leaves
400 g, mixed baby, halved
1 medium, cut into ribbons
4 small, thinly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 clove(s), crushed
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
¾ cup(s), (180g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Working with 1 at a time, place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until 5mm thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine quinoa and chopped parsley on a plate. Spread flour on another plate and place egg in a shallow dish.
- Working with 1 piece at a time, dust chicken with flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg, then coat with quinoa mixture, pressing coating on firmly with fingertips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook schnitzels for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to prepared tray.
- Add bread to tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 7 minutes or until bread is crisp and schnitzels are cooked through. Break bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, combine juice and remaining oil in a large bowl. Add ⅓ cup extra parsley, 1/3 cup mint, tomatoes, cucumber, radish and capsicum and toss to combine. Add bread to salad and toss to combine.
- Finely chop remaining parsley and mint. Combine garlic, parsley and mint in a small bowl. Stir in yoghurt. Serve schnitzels with salad and yoghurt.