Prawn katsu burgers
600 g, king variety, peeled, deveined
4 individual, finely chopped
2 tsp, finely grated
2 slice(s), to make 1 cup (70g) of breadcrumbs
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
½ clove(s), crushed
200 g, white variety, finely shredded
200 g, (4 x 50g rolls), split, toasted
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place half the prawns in a food processor and process to a chunky paste. Coarsely chop remaining prawns and place in a bowl with cornflour, egg whites, shallot, ginger and prawn paste. Mix until well combined. With damp hands, shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Place breadcrumbs on a plate and press patties into crumbs until they are well coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over mediumhighheat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, whisk sauces, mirin, mustard and garlic in a small bowl until combined.
- To serve, sandwich cabbage, patties and sauce between bun halves.