Porterhouse with grilled polenta
Chicken stock cube
4 individual, to make 1.25L (5 cups) liquid stock
2 cup(s), (340g) yellow variety
Grated parmesan cheese
½ cup(s), (40g)
Beef sirloin steak, raw
800 g, (Buy 2x500g steaks), fat trimmed, sirloin or porterhouse variety
4 medium, thinly sliced diagonally
Yellow patty pan squash
400 g, halved
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Line 2x20cm (base measurement) square cake tin with foil. Bring stock to the boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add polenta in a steady stream and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft and creamy. Stir in parmesan.
- Spoon polenta into prepared tins and smooth surface. Place in fridge for 1 hour or until set. Invert polenta onto a board and discard foil. Cut polenta into 16 rectangles.
- Preheat a barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray beef with oil and season with pepper. Cook beef on flat plate for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover beef with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray polenta, zucchini and squash with oil and cook on grill for 5 minutes each side or until polenta has browned and vegetables are tender.
- Cook tomatoes on flat plate, turning, for 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Transfer to a small bowl. Add sugar and vinegar and mash lightly with a fork to form a sauce. Serve beef with polenta, vegetables and tomato sauce.