Pork and vegetable pad Thai
Dry rice noodles
160 g, Pad Thai variety
2 medium, lightly beaten
Lean pork fillet
320 g, (Buy 400g), fat trimmed, sliced
Chilli and garlic sauce
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 medium, cut into matchsticks
200 g, halved diagonally
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
Granulated stevia sweetener
2 tbs, (alternate sweetener)
2 cup(s), (240g)
3 individual, thinly sliced diagonally
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- Prepare noodles following packet instructions until just tender (see Notes). Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a non-stick wok with oil and heat over high heat. Pour egg into wok and cook for 2 minutes or until golden underneath and just set on top. Slide omelette onto a board. Roll tightly and thinly slice.
- Lightly spray wok with oil and heat over high heat. Stir-fry pork for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Lightly spray wok with oil and heat over high heat. Stir-fry chilli garlic sauce and onion for 1 minute. Add carrot and snow peas and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add juice, fish sauce and xylitol and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add pork, noodles and omelette and stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with sprouts, shallots and coriander to serve.