Poached peaches with almond tuiles
¾ cup(s), (165g)
1 piece(s), stick, pale section, bruised
6 whole, pods, bruised
4 medium, yellow
Reduced fat oil spread
1 tbs, melted
¼ cup(s), (35g)
¼ tsp, almond
2 tbs, toasted
- Place 2 cups (500ml) water, ½ cup (110g) sugar, lemongrass and cardamom in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and add peaches. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, turning peaches halfway through cooking. Cool in syrup.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg white and remaining sugar in small bowl until frothy. Stir in spread, flour and essence until smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of egg mixture onto 1 prepared tray and smooth into a 6cm-diameter disc. Repeat to make 3 more tuiles, 3cm apart. Bake for 7 minutes or until golden. Working quickly, place tuiles over a rolling pin to cool and harden into shape. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 tuiles.
- Remove peach skins. Discard lemongrass and cardamom from syrup and spoon over peaches. Sprinkle with almonds and serve with tuiles.