Pistachio and peach dacquoise
1 cup(s), (140g)
½ cup(s), (110g)
Canned peaches in natural juice, drained
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Fromage frais, vanilla bean
2 tub(s), (2 x 150g)
1 tbs, powdered
200 g, mixed
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced. Use base of a 22cm round springform tin to draw 2 circles on baking paper. Place prepared baking paper on a large baking tray. Lightly spray springform tin with oil. Line base and side of tin with plastic wrap.
- Roughly chop 1 tablespoon pistachios and reserve. Process remaining pistachios in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Using electric beaters, beat 2 egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until sugar has dissolved. Fold in finely chopped pistachios. Spread meringue over baking paper circles. Sprinkle 1 meringue with reserved pistachios. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven. Cool meringues in oven for 30 minutes with door ajar.
- Process peaches in a food processor until smooth. Using electric beaters, beat ricotta and icing sugar until smooth. Beat in fromage frais and peach until combined.
- Sprinkle gelatine over ¼ cup (60ml) boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Whisk until gelatine has dissolved. Stir into peach mixture. Using clean electric beaters, beat remaining egg white in a small, clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into peach mixture.
- Place plain meringue disc in base of prepared springform tin, trimming to fit if necessary. Spread peach mixture over meringue. Top with remaining meringue, pistachio-side up. Cover and place in fridge for 6 hours or until set. Serve with berries.