Paprika steaks with chimichurri sauce
fresh flat-leaf parsley
¾ cup(s), coarsely chopped
½ cup(s), coarsely chopped
1 tbs, finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
red wine vinegar
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
orange sweet potato (kumara)
500 g, chopped
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
¼ cup(s), (60g)
sugar snap peas
200 g, halved
frozen green peas
1 cup(s), (120g)
lean beef fillet
384 g, (buy 4 x 120g) fat trimmed
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Pound parsley, coriander, oregano, garlic, vinegar, oil and 1 teaspoon paprika in a mortar and pestle until a smooth paste forms (see note). Season with salt and pepper. Set chimichurri aside.
- Boil, steam or microwave sweet potato until tender. Drain. Mash in a large bowl with yoghurt until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave sugar snap peas and peas until tender. Drain. Add 1 tablespoon chimichurri and toss to combine.
- Lightly spray beef with oil. Sprinkle with remaining paprika and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover beef with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle beef with remaining chimichurri. Serve with mash and pea mixture.