Open steak sandwich with chimichurri
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 clove(s), crushed
Dried chilli flakes
Red wine vinegar
2 small, thinly sliced lengthways
1 large, quartered
4 whole, (large, flat variety) stalks trimmed
Beef, lean, silverside, minute steak, raw
320 g, (buy 4 x 100g steaks) fat trimmed
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Heat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high.
- Using a small food processor, process the parsley, garlic, chilli, oil and vinegar until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 1 tablespoon of chimichurri and transfer the remainder to a bowl. Cover tightly.
- Season the zucchini, capsicum, mushroom and steaks with salt and pepper. Lightly spray the vegetables and steaks with oil. Chargrill the vegetables for 5 minutes each side or until tender. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Chargrill the steaks for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking, brushing with the reserved chimichurri. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Chargrill the bread until lightly toasted.
- Serve the vegetables and steak on the toast. Drizzle with the chimichurri.