New York-style open turkey sandwich
Red wine vinegar
Pickled gherkin, drained
1 individual, or dill cucumber (25g), halved lengthwise,
Light rye bread
1 slice(s), (40g), toasted
Skinless turkey breast, baked or roasted
50 g, thinly sliced
2 tbs, drained
Extra light cheddar cheese
2 tbs, grated
- Finely slice half the onion. Combine with vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Finely chop remaining onion and half the dill cucumber. Place in a separate small bowl with tomato sauce and mayonnaise and stir until combined.
- Preheat oven grill to high. Spread toast with mayonnaise mixture, then top with turkey, sauerkraut and sprinkle with cheese. Place on a small baking tray and cook under preheated grill for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Drain the sliced onion, discarding the vinegar. Toss onion with rocket and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve open sandwich with rocket salad and remaining dill cucumber.