Nepalese lamb meatball curry
lean lamb mince
25 g, made into ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
2 tbs, chopped, plus 1 tbs finely chopped root and stems
1 medium, finely chopped
2 individual, thinly sliced
1 large, cut into 2cm pieces
1 medium, cut into 2cm pieces
fresh red chilli
1 whole, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
1 tsp, finely grated
2 tbs, mild
canned diced tomatoes
400 g, (1x400g can)
Beef stock, liquid, salt-reduced
¾ cup(s), (185ml)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs and chopped coriander in a large bowl. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Lightly spray the same saucepan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook onion, celery, carrot and parsnip, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add chilli, coriander root and stems, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add meatballs and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve.