Mushroom bruschetta with romesco sauce
1 large, quartered
fresh red chilli
1 whole, halved lengthways
1 clove(s), quartered
fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ cup(s), (50g)
1½ tbs, sherry
1 tsp, sweet
spelt bread with mixed grain and seeds
8 slice(s), 35g slices
8 whole, portobello
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat grill on high. Place capsicum and chilli, skin-side up, on a large baking tray. Grill capsicum and chilli until skin blisters (chilli will take less time to cook). Transfer to a plastic bag and set aside for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel and discard skin from capsicum and chilli. Coarsely chop flesh.
- Process capsicum, chilli, garlic, parsley, ⅓ cup (35g) walnuts, vinegar, paprika and oil in a food processor until sauce is finely chopped. Crumble remaining walnuts and set aside.
- Lightly spray bread and mushrooms with oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook bread, turning, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat same pan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes each side or until tender. Sprinkle with thyme during last minute of cooking.
- Arrange mushrooms, halving if necessary, over bread. Drizzle with romesco sauce and serve sprinkled with remaining walnuts.