Mini sausage rolls
We’ve used pork and fennel and wrapped it in flaky filo to create a lighter version of everyone’s favourite party food that’s just as tasty. Enjoy!
2 whole, finely chopped
Lean pork sausage, raw
460 g, (see tip)
3 sheet(s), (fresh sheets)
1 medium, lightly beaten
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lightly spray a medium frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook eschalots, stirring, for 3–4 minutes, until soft.
- Remove skin from sausages. Combine sausage meat and eschalots in a large bowl.
- Lightly spray 1 filo sheet with oil. Top with another sheet and lightly spray again with oil. Top with remaining filo sheet. Cut filo stack in half crossways.
- Spoon half the sausage mixture along 1 long edge of 1 filo stack. Lightly brush filo edges with water. Roll up to enclose filling and cut into 6 even–sized rolls. Trim any overhanging edges. Repeat with remaining filo stack and sausage mixture to make 12 rolls in total.
- Place rolls on prepared tray. Brush with egg and sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
COOK'S TIP: You will need 6–8 sausages, depending on size. TO REFRIGERATE: Store sausage rolls in a reusable container for up to 1 day. Reheat on a baking tray in a 160°C oven until hot. TO FREEZE: Store as above for up to 1 month. Reheat from frozen, as above, until hot.