Mexican-style pasta salad
100 g, macaroni variety
Canned corn kernels in brine, rinsed, drained
1 300g can, (buy 1 x 300g can)
1 medium, finely chopped
Canned black beans, rinsed, drained
1 medium, buy one whole, coarsely chopped
3 individual, thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), finely chopped, plus extra to serve
1 individual, fresh, deseeded, finely chopped
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
1 tsp, finely grated
Reduced fat feta cheese
65 g, crumbled
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cook pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain, then rinse under cold running water. Drain again and set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook corn and capsicum for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until they begin to char. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- Combine pasta, corn and capsicum mixture, beans, avocado, shallots, coriander and jalapeño in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, yoghurt, paprika, rind and juice in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Scatter feta and extra coriander over salad to serve.