Matcha panna cotta
SmartPoints® value per serving
4 hr 15 min
6 g, (4 x gelatine sheets)
1½ cup(s), (375 ml)
½ cup(s), (125 ml)
Vanilla bean paste
Matcha green tea powder
10 g, (2 tsp)
Granulated stevia sweetener
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place gelatine in a bowl. Cover with cold water. Lightly spray four ¾-cup (180ml) capacity metal moulds with oil.
- Combine milk, cream and vanilla in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat. Bring almost to the boil. Remove from heat when small bubbles form at sides of pan.
- Whisk matcha powder with 3 tbs hot milk mixture in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve.
- Add to remaining milk mixture. Stir in stevia.
- Squeeze water from gelatine sheets. Add to hot milk mixture. Whisk until dissolved.
- Divide among prepared moulds. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Dip each mould in hot water. Ease panna cotta sides from moulds, then turn onto plates.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Fresh raspberries. TIP: Matcha powder is made from green tea. You’ll find it in health-food and specialty stores.