Marinated steak and chips with creamy coleslaw
250 g, cut into 2mm slices
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
2 individual, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Lean beef sirloin steak
480 g, (4 x 150g), fat trimmed
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
Coleslaw mix, without dressing
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and lightly spray with oil.
- To make chips, lay potato slices in a single layer on prepared tray, lightly spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through, or until tender and crispy.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy, vinegar, oil, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon mustard, shallots and garlic in a large shallow dish until well combined. Add steak and turn to coat in marinade.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steak for 3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to large plate with any pan juices, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 5 minutes.
- To make yoghurt dressing, whisk yoghurt, juice, remaining mustard and honey in a small bowl until combined. Place coleslaw and yoghurt dressing in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Serve steak with chips and coleslaw.