Mango yoghurt mousse
500 g, chopped
1 medium, thinly sliced
⅓ cup(s), (75g)
low-fat Greek yoghurt
½ cup(s), (120g)
- Process chopped mango, juice, half the sugar and 1 cup (250ml) water in a food processor until smooth. Divide mango mixture evenly among 2 medium bowls.
- Sprinkle 1½ teaspoons gelatine over 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small bowl. Whisk until gelatine has dissolved. Stir gelatine into 1 portion of mango mixture until smooth and combined. Pour gelatine mixture into a 1.5 litre (6-cup) capacity serving bowl. Place in fridge for 1 hour or until almost set.
- Sprinkle remaining gelatine over 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small bowl. Whisk until gelatine has dissolved. Stir yoghurt into remaining mango mixture until combined. Whisk gelatine into yoghurt mixture until smooth and combined.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until sugar has dissolved. Gently fold egg white mixture into yoghurt mixture until mousse has combined.
- Pour mousse over mango jelly (jelly should be firm to touch). Cover and place in fridge for 3 hours or until set. Top with mango slices to serve.