2 stick(s), finely chopped
2 medium, finely chopped
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
¾ cup(s), (150g) brown variety
Canned diced tomatoes
800 g, (2 x 400g cans)
2 medium, (2 x 120g)
600 g, thinly sliced
99% fat-free, plain or natural yoghurt, unsweetened
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, carrot, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add lentils, tomatoes, cinnamon, allspice and ⅔ cup (160ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Cut into 5mm-thick slices.
- Preheat grill on high. Line a grill tray with foil. Lightly spray eggplant with oil and grill, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side, or until browned.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 3L (12-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil. Spread 2 tablespoons of the lentil mixture over base of prepared dish. Top with half the eggplant, then half the lentil mixture. Layer potatoes over lentil mixture, then layer with remaining lentil mixture and eggplant.
- Whisk eggs and yoghurt in a bowl until combined. Spread yoghurt mixture over eggplant layer. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden.