Lemony pasta with chicken and zucchini
250 g, spiral variety
90 g, (buy 100g), fat trimmed, chopped
Skinless chicken breast
500 g, cut into 2cm pieces
1 medium, halved, thinly sliced
Dried chilli flakes
2 medium, quartered lengthways, cut into 1cm pieces
150 g, halved
½ cup(s), leaves
Fresh lemon rind
1 tsp, finely grated
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup (60 ml) cooking water.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium–high heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 2–3 minutes, until crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Add chicken to pan and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer chicken to the bowl with bacon.
- Lightly spray same frying pan again with oil. Cook onion and chilli, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion is golden. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Return chicken and bacon to pan with any extra resting juices. Add pasta, tomatoes, basil, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring for 2–3 minutes, until combined and heated through.
- Stir in reserved pasta cooking water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to moisten, if required. Serve.