Lemon pepper salmon with pumpkin and chickpea puree
800 g, (Japanese) peeled, cut into 2cm pieces (buy 1kg)
chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), (buy 400g can)
skinless salmon fillet(s)
600 g, (buy 4 x 150g fillets)
lemon pepper seasoning
1 medium, thinly sliced
½ small, thinly sliced
fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp, (extra virgin)
- Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Drain. Mash in a large bowl until smooth.
- Meanwhile, place chickpeas in a blender or small food processor and process until smooth. Stir chickpea puree into pumpkin and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Line grill tray with foil. Sprinkle salmon with lemon pepper seasoning and lightly spray with oil. Grill salmon, turning once, for 6-8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, place cucumber, onion, parsley, mint, juice and oil in a medium bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Divide pumpkin and chickpea puree among serving plates. Serve with salmon and herb salad.