Rebecca's lemon-glazed tea cakes
Earl grey tea
2 tbs, leaves
½ cup(s), (110g)
Reduced fat oil spread
¼ cup(s), (60g)
Vanilla bean paste
White self-raising flour
1½ cup(s), (225g)
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
½ cup(s), (120g)
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely shredded
1½ x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly spray 12 mini loaf tins (6 cm x 11 cm) with oil and line bases with baking paper.
- Process tea leaves and sugar in a small food processor until finely ground.
- Beat oil spread, tea mixture and vanilla in a bowl with electric beaters until creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Gradually beat in half the flour on low speed, then beat in half the yoghurt. Repeat with remaining flour and yoghurt until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Pour mixture evenly into lined tins. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of cakes comes out clean. Stand cakes in tins for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make glaze, mix icing sugar, half the lemon zest and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze over each cake and sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest. Stand until set before serving.