sponge finger biscuits
160 g, (12 biscuits)
3 tsp, powdered
light cream cheese
fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
granulated stevia sweetener
⅓ cup(s), (70g)
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
170 g, (1x170g tub)
1 medium, thinly sliced
- Line base and sides of a 22cm round springform tin with baking paper. Arrange sponge fingers over base of prepared tin, trimming to fit. Discard trimmings.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Stir with a fork until gelatine dissolves. Be careful not to stir for too long; if mixture becomes thick and opaque you have overworked the gelatine.
- Using electric beaters, beat cheeses, rind and half the stevia in a bowl until smooth. Beat in gelatine mixture. Beat in juice and yoghurt.
- Pour mixture over sponge fingers and smooth surface. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Place lemon slices, remaining stevia and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until stevia dissolves. Bring to the boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until syrup thickens and lemon turns slightly golden. Cool.
- Remove cheesecake from tin, discard baking paper. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve topped with candied lemon and drizzled with syrup.