3 hr 20 min
Sponge finger biscuits
3 tsp, powdered
Light cream cheese
Granulated stevia sweetener
⅓ cup(s), (75g)
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
1 medium, thinly sliced
- Line base and side of a 22 cm round springform cake tin with baking paper. Arrange sponge fingers over base of prepared tin, trimming to fit. Discard trimmings.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Stir with a fork until gelatine dissolves. Be careful not to stir for too long; if mixture becomes thick and opaque you have overworked the gelatine.
- Using electric beaters, beat cheeses, zest and half the stevia in a bowl until smooth. Beat in gelatine mixture. Beat in lemon juice and yoghurt.
- Pour mixture over sponge fingers and smooth surface. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Place lemon slices, remaining stevia and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until stevia dissolves. Bring to the boil. Gently boil for 3–4 minutes or until syrup thickens and lemon turns slightly golden. Cool.
- Remove cheesecake from tin, discard baking paper. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve topped with candied lemon and drizzled with syrup.