Lamb with minted spring vegies
French trimmed lamb cutlet(s) or rack(s)
700 g, (buy 2 x 450g racks) (6 cutlets each) fat trimmed
1 bunch(es), trimmed, halved diagonally
3 small, quartered lenthways
200 g, topped
200 g, (1 bunch baby) halved
1 cup(s), (250ml)
30 g, or redcurrant jelly
2 tbs, (small)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Heat a large flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Lightly spray lamb with oil and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer lamb to oven and bake for 15 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and rest for 5 minutes before cutting cutlets from racks. Reserve pan juices.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus, zucchini, beans and carrots, separately, until tender. Drain.
- Heat baking dish with pan juices over medium heat. Add stock and redcurrant jelly and cook, stirring, until jelly dissolves (see tip). Bring to the boil and cook for 4–5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Divide vegetables among plates and top with lamb. Drizzle with redcurrant sauce and sprinkle with mint to serve.
- TIP: When stirring the sauce, scrape the base of the baking dish to dislodge any baked-on bits as these are full of flavour.