Lamb, bean and barley salad
¾ cup(s), (150g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
Cooked broad beans
180 g, (or frozen, thawed)
Lean lamb fillet
550 g, (buy 600g), fat trimmed
Baby spinach leaves
5 cup(s), (180g)
375 g, halved
75 g, (1/2 cup), kalamata, thinly sliced
120 g, crumbled
¼ cup(s), (60ml), (caramelised)
- Cook pearl barley in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Cook broad beans and green beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Drain and refresh in a large bowl of cold water. Drain well. Remove and discard broad bean skins.
- Place spinach leaves on a large serving platter and sprinkle with pearl barley. Top with broad beans, green beans, tomatoes, olives, sliced lamb and feta.
- Whisk balsamic glaze and oil in a small bowl until combined. Drizzle salad with dressing just before serving.