Lamb and eggplant pastitsio
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
lean lamb mince
canned diced tomatoes
250 g, rigatoni variety
1 large, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
2 medium, thickly sliced
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
1 medium, lightly beaten
fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add lamb and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and add tomatoes and oregano. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain and return to pan. Add to lamb mixture and toss to combine.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook eggplant and zucchini, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Arrange half the eggplant and zucchini in the base of a 3 litre (12-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Top with half the lamb mixture. Repeat with remaining eggplant, zucchini and lamb mixture.
- Whisk yoghurt, egg and nutmeg in a bowl until combined. Pour over lamb mixture. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until golden. Serve sprinkled with parsley.