Kefta tagine with preserved lemon
Lean beef mince
1 tbs, choppped
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup(s), choppped
1 medium, finely chopped
2 individual, choppped
2 medium, choppped
2 clove(s), crushed
1 tsp, finely grated
500 g, (roma), choppped
1 cup(s), (250ml), reduced-salt
50 g, flesh discarded, rind thinly sliced
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, mint, 1 tablespoon parsley and ½ teaspoon cumin in a large bowl. Roll tablespoons of mixture into 24 meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- Reheat pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ginger, coriander and remaining cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Transfer to cooker.
- Cook, covered, on high for 2½ hours (or low for 5 hours). Add raisins and cook, covered, on high for 30 minutes (or low for 1 hour) or until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon and remaining parsley in a small bowl. Serve meatballs sprinkled with preserved lemon mixture.