Juicy mango and passionfruit tart
1½ cup(s), (225g)
Reduced fat oil spread
Granulated stevia sweetener
120 g, granulated
Vanilla bean paste
⅓ cup(s), (40g)
¼ cup(s), pulp
588 g, (2 large mangos) cheeks removed, thinly sliced
65 g, to decorate
- Using a food processor, process flour, spread and 2 tablespoons of the stevia until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon chilled water. Process until dough just comes together, adding more chilled water if necessary. Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 2cm-deep, 12.5cm x 35cm (base-measurement) rectangular loose-based tart tin with oil. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Line tin with pastry. Trim excess. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Place tin on a baking tray. Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are light golden. Remove weights or rice and paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until base is golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk vanilla bean paste, custard powder, ¼ cup (60ml) milk and remaining stevia in a medium saucepan. Gradually add remaining milk, whisking constantly, until smooth. Heat pan over medium heat. Cook, whisking, for 5-7 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and stir in pulp. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool. Chill for 1 hour.
- Spread custard over base of pastry case. Arrange mango slices on top and scatter with raspberries.