Italian chocolate mousse
3 medium, separated
2 tbs, freshly brewed
120 g, melted
thickened cream, (35% fat)
½ cup(s), (125ml)
- Using electric beaters, beat the egg yolk and caster sugar in a large bowl for 2 minutes or until thick and creamy. Transfer to a medium bowl. Gently stir in the coffee until combined.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of boiling water. (Make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the boiling water.) Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to stand. Stir until smooth.
- Using clean electric beaters, beat the egg white until soft peaks form.
- Using clean electric beaters, beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- Place the melted chocolate in a large bowl. Gently fold in the egg yolk mixture, egg white and cream until combined. Spoon the mixture into serving glasses, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours or until set.