- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp curry powder, mild
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes, (1x400g can), diced
- 1 can(s) Chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained, (1x400g can)
- 1 bunch(es) Broccolini, raw, cut into 4 cm lengths
- 100 g snow peas, halved diagonally
- 8 medium Boiled egg, hard boiled, halved
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
Place onion, ¼ cup (60ml) water, ginger and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry powder, cumin, ground coriander, garam masala and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add tomatoes, chickpeas and 2½ cups (625ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened and flavours intensify.
Add broccolini and snow peas and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add eggs and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice. TIP: To hard-boil eggs, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Using a slotted spoon, lower eggs into water and simmer for 10–11 minutes. Add it: 1 long fresh red chilli (finely chopped) with onion in Step 1. Swap it: Eggs for 400g skinless lean chicken breast f illets (fat trimmed, cut into 2.5cm pieces).