Indian-spiced lamb rack with coconut and chickpea salad
Shredded or desiccated coconut
French trimmed lamb cutlet(s) or rack(s)
540 g, (Buy 600g) fat trimmed
2 medium, thickly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
3 clove(s), thinly sliced
Chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained
1 can(s), 400g size can, (1 x 400g can)
Baby spinach leaves
1 medium, cut into slices
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat a small dry non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook coconut, stirring, for 30 seconds or until just toasted. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- Cook mustard and cumin seeds in same cleaned pan over medium heat, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to a food processor. Add turmeric and cinnamon and process until finely ground. Sprinkle lamb with spice mixture.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook lamb for 1–2 minutes each side or until browned. Place lamb and capsicum on prepared tray. Lightly spray capsicum with oil. Bake for 15–18 minutes for medium or until lamb is cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into cutlets.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in same cleaned frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add chickpeas and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through. Add spinach and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until just wilted. Add coconut and juice and toss to combine.
- Serve lamb with roasted capsicum strips, chickpea salad and lime slices.