Hungarian-style chicken casserole
reduced fat oil spread
skinless chicken breast
540 g, (buy 600g) halved diagonally
2 medium, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
Hans 98% Fat Free Short Cut Bacon
2 slice(s), chopped
1 tbs, sweet
canned diced tomatoes
400 g, with basil and garlic
salt reduced chicken stock
1 cup(s), (250ml)
extra light sour cream
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
150 g, fettuccine, high-fibre
fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup(s), chopped
- Melt the canola spread in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, garlic and bacon to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until softened. Add paprika and fennel seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sauce thickens. Stir in half the sour cream.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions until tender. Drain. Boil, steam or microwave beans until just tender. Drain.
- Divide pasta, beans and chicken casserole among serving plates. Top with parsley and remaining sour cream.