Huevos rancheros with chorizo
1 individual, thinly sliced
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Fresh red chilli
1 whole, finely chopped
Four bean mix, canned, rinsed and drained
1 can(s), 400g size can
Canned diced tomatoes
400 g, crushed
4 small, (4 x 23g) warmed
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo, stirring, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon. Cover to keep warm.
- Reheat pan over medium heat. Stir onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Add cumin, ground coriander and two-thirds of the chilli and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the beans, tomato and ½ cup (125ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a frying pan of water to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Use a large spoon to stir the water to make a whirlpool. Carefully add eggs, 2 at a time, to the centre of the whirlpool and poach for 3 minutes for a soft yolk. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Place the tortillas on plates. Top with the bean mixture, chorizo, eggs, coriander, the remaining chilli and limes.