Herb and onion sourdough stuffed turkey breast poached in cider
550 g, (1/2 small cabbage), thickly sliced
400 g, halved
Red apple, unpeeled
2 medium, unpeeled, quartered
½ cup(s), (125ml) pear
Skinless turkey breast
540 g, (Buy 2 x 300g fillets), fat trimmed
2 slice(s), (2 x 35g) day-old
2 individual, finely chopped
2 tbs, whole berry variety
2 tsp, chopped
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
⅓ cup(s), finely chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place cabbage, potato and apple in a 4.5 litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Add combined cider and mixed spice. Cook, covered, on low for 4 hours (or high for 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, cut each turkey breast in half horizontally. Place 1 piece of turkey between 2 layers of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound turkey until about 1cm thick. Repeat with remaining turkey pieces. Process bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.
- Combine breadcrumbs, shallots, cranberry sauce, thyme, mustard and half the parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place one-quarter of the stuffing mixture onto the short end of each turkey piece. Roll up to form log-shaped rolls and secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook turkey rolls, turning, for 2–3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 2 hours (or high for 1 hour).
- Cut each turkey roll in half diagonally. Remove toothpicks. Serve turkey with cabbage, potatoes and apples. Drizzle with cooking juices and sprinkle with remaining parsley to serve.